COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
1. Collection of Information.
On this Site we collect information from you in a number of different ways. Our main goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help you find information, products, and services promptly.
- Help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- Inform you of new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you will have to complete an online registration form. Once you have been registered you are ready to pur chase your item(s). At this point you will need to provide us with certain personal information, for example your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, e-mail address, and credit card number. We will also ask you for your country of residence so that we can comply with the relevant laws and regulations. The personal information you provide is used for billing purposes, to fulfil your orders, to tell you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we come across a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- E-mail Addresses. When you enter your e-mail address to register, you are automatically signing up for our e-mail newsletter and special offers.
- Cookies and Other Technology*. Cookies and web beacons are used in this Site (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site. It also recognises you and your access privileges, and will track your Site usage.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/ time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system trouble shooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
* This site’s cookies do not and cannot infiltrate a user’s hard drive to gather a user’s confidential information. Our cookies are not “spyware.”
* Web beacons assist in delivering cookies. They also help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and how frequently. Any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. Your personal information is used to process your order and provide you with customer service. Sometimes your personal information will be used internally to improve our Site’s content and layout, our outreach and for our own marketing purposes (including marketing our products and services to you), and to determine general marketplace information about the Site’s visitors.
- Communications with You. We will use your personal information to tell you about our site and your orders and deliveries, and we will send you a confirmation e-mail when you register with us. There is also a chance that we may send you service-related announcements (such as a temporary suspension of our service for maintenance). You may also submit your e-mail to register for our e-mail newsletter and our special offers. If you submit your e-mail address we will use it to deliver the information to you. You can’t opt out of receiving e-mails related to your orders, as we need to tell you about them.
- External Use. Because our aim is to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection, we do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal or financial information to anyone, except:
- When we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf, as do most catalogue and Internet retailers. When we disclose information to these service providers, we do so to help them perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you we must share some information.
- We partner with third parties (such as UPS) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, e-mail, and phone number.
- To help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial services corporations such as credit card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (Read more on this below in Data Security.)
Physical, electronic, and administrative procedures are incorporated in this Site to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information such as the use of a Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. When you visit our Site, for example, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee 100% complete security as it does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
If you request us to do so, we will
- correct or update your personal information
- stop sending e-mails to your e-mail address
- disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests in the Support Section of this Site.
You can also e-mail your request to our customer services. Please do not e-mail us your credit card number or other sensitive information.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Started in Soho, London in 1996, the Kokon To Zai Multi-brand and music store destination quickly became a creative hub of activity, and gained a following for the unique pieces it sold.
Today it has evolved into a lifestyle store with finely curated pieces of fashion.